RULES, RULES, RULES
Battle of the Bands
- Free Entry and Link Submission. There are no costs associated with the competition.
- Public Voting: All visitors toViscountProductions.com are eligible to vote.
- First Stage: Submittals. All competition participants will be selected from the submittals by judges appointed by Viscount Productions Management.
- Second Stage: Published participants. Semi-finalists and finalists shall be the direct result of public votes, with the exception that since the product of this contest is an appearance on stage at a concert produced and/or co-produced by Viscount Productions, the judges have the right to override the public vote at their discretion and make the final decisions. If the judges exercise their right however, they will publish the final vote and make it known that they overrode it.
First Place : 1) Appearance live on stage at an outdoor concert to produced by Viscount Productions, Inc. and Spallino Presents in the summer of 2010. 2) 20 hours of recording studio time at a Los Angeles recording studio to be selected by Viscount Productions. 3)Photo shoot with a photographer to be selected by Viscount Productions.
Other prizes are in planning and will be announced at a later time.
THE BATTLE OF THE BANDS OFFICIAL RULES FOR COMPETITION:
1. Introduction. The ViscountProductions.com website BATTLE OF THE BANDS Competition (the "Contest") gives our PARTICIPANTS the opportunity to compete through 3 stages:
1. First Stage:. Submit Link to Music to judges for selection of participants.
2. Second Stage: Selected Participants shall compete in runoffs with a maximum of 25 other participants per "runoff". Participants music shall be linked to from this website and winners of each "runoff" shall become a semi-finalists and go on to the next level of competition. Runners up in each runoff may also be selected as semi-finalists determined by total votes and/or judges determination.
3. The last semi-finalist round may have additional requirements.
4. Finalists shall be determined by total votes, and judges determination.
2. The Contest Time Table.
The Contest is scheduled for completion by Summer 2010. Exact time of completion will be announced in the future.
This competition is open to everyone - all ages and all countries of residence. Entrants must abide by all applicable laws regarding entry in their state or country of residence.
4. Entry Process.
Individuals may enter this Contest by visiting the ENTRY page, and completing the submittal procedure (the "Submission").
In regards to the Contest, each Entrant must submit the following:
1. Email address.
3. Name of Band
4. Entrant must submit a valid working link to at least one song. There is no charge for submission.
5. Music Link Entry Requirements.
Entrants' submissions must meet the following specifications and requirements to be eligible:
1. Each Entrant must submit at least a link containing one song.
2. Each Entry must be submitted by a valid working link to a personal website or a website such as MySpace.
3. Prior to the Submission, Entrants are responsible for obtaining from all applicable individuals or entities, any and all required rights, releases, consents, clearances, licenses and other authorizations necessary to exploit the song(s) or musical compositions in the manner and media set forth in these Official Rules, including but not limited to: a name, voice and likeness release for each person included or performing in the musical composition; releases for any audio and/or audiovisual material not wholly-owned and controlled by Entrant, (collectively, the "Clearances"). If any person(s) performing in any musical composition is (are) under the age of 18, the respective parent or legal guardian is required on each release.
4. Not infringe upon copyrights, trademarks, rights of publicity, rights to privacy, or any other rights of any individual or entity. Be either an entirely original musical composition or performance of Entrant or, if any elements of the musical composition are not original, Entrant must have obtained all applicable Clearances prior to registration to be able to include these elements in the musical composition and to exploit the musical composition in the manner and media set forth in these Official Rules.
5. All materials submitted for the Contest must not contain any sexually explicit, disparaging, libelous or other inappropriate content or any nudity.
6. Not be subject to any liens, claims or encumbrances, which may conflict with the exploitation of the music as set out in these Official Rules.
7. At any time during the Contest, the ViscountProducions.com Website reserves the right, in its sole and unfettered discretion, to disqualify and remove any Links that potentially or actually infringes any third party's copyright(s). At any time during the Contest, Staff reserves the right, in its sole and unfettered discretion, to disqualify and remove any Link based on the belief that such Link contains any inappropriate content, infringes the rights of any third party, or otherwise does not meet any other requirements in these Official Rules. Staff reserves the right, in its sole and unfettered discretion, to verify that all necessary Clearances relating to any Linko have been obtained. If, Staff believes, in its sole and unfettered discretion, that an Entrant has failed to obtain any of the necessary Clearances relating to the Entrant's Musical Compositions, the Entrant's submission will also be disqualified and removed.
6. Selecting the WINNER.
Semi-finalists and finalists shall be the direct result of public votes, with the exception that since the product of this contest is an appearance at a live musical event, the judges have the right to override the public vote at their discretion and make the final decisions. If the judges exercise their right however, they will publish the final vote and make it known that they overrode it.
Viewers of the site will be given the opportunity to vote for their favorite Band. Each IP address can vote only once.
ViscountProductions.com website reserves the right to change the selection format, number and order at its sole discretion without notice.
7. Rights and Permissions.
By participating in this Contest, Entrants agree that during the Contest Period, ViscountProductions.com website is authorized to display the Link on this Site. Each Entrant grants ViscountProductions.com website the right to display his/her/their website link in the Contest in the manner described in all phases.
1. All Entrants grant permission to ViscountProductions.com to use their Photos, names, likenesses, photographs, voices, sounds and/or biographical information in connection with the Contest and for any and all advertising, publicity and promotional purposes (whether or not related to the contest or not) without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.
2. As a condition of becoming a Finalist, each Finalist grants ViscountProductions.com the right to display his/her performing Photos in part or in its entirety on the ViscountProductions.com website or any other websites owned or operated by, for or on behalf of ViscountProductions.com or any of its related or affiliated companies for a period up to twelve (12) calendar months from the completion of the Contest Period. Apart from the display of the Links in the Contest, finalists understand that nothing in this section obligates ViscountProductions.com to display any of the Finalists Links in any way. Finalists further agree, except where prohibited by law, to grant ViscountProductions.com the right to use his/her/their name, likeness, photographs, voices, sounds and and/or biographical information for any and all future advertising, publicity and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law.
3. As a condition of becoming the grand prize winner, the winner must sign a Release Agreement Form granting ViscountProductions.com the right to display his/her/their Links, in part or in its entirety on the Site and any website owned or operated by or on behalf of ViscountProductions.com for a period of one calendar year from the completion of the Contest Period. Furthermore, by agreeing to these rules, terms and conditions, all Entrants grant ViscountProductions.com the right to display any or all performing Photos on terrestrial, cable or satellite television stations as part of promotion of ViscountProductions.com of its Entrants. The Grand Prize winner understands that nothing in this section obligates ViscountProductions.com to display any of his/her Link in any way.
8. Rights and Indemnification.
By entering the Contest, each Entrant releases, forever discharges, holds harmless and indemnifies ViscountProductions.com and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees and assigns, and all of such parties respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, independent contractors and affiliates (hereinafter, "Released Parties") from and against any and all claims, liabilities (including, but not limited to, attorneys' fees and disbursements), demands and actions of every kind and nature, whether or not now known or suspected (collectively, "Claims"), arising out of or in connection with the Contest, any Link or other materials submitted by the Entrant (including, but not limited to, any and all claims of third parties, whether or not groundless, based on the Link or such other material, including, but not limited to, Entrant's failure to obtain all necessary Clearances relating to such Link from such third parties), and any breach or alleged breach of any warranty, representation, covenant or agreement on the part of the Entrant contained in these Official Rules. ViscountProductions.com is not responsible for any problems or delays arising from any technical, software or equipment malfunctions, congestion on or unavailability of the Site during the Contest Period, any other technical, equipment or human errors of any kind, or any damage or alteration to Entrant's Link that may occur in connection with the uploading or display of the Link on and during the Contest.
No substitution, transfer, assignment or cash equivalent redemption may be made for any prize. The grand prize winner agrees to provide ViscountProductions.com with all necessary information to complete any necessary I.R.S. 1099 and other related tax information. All federal, state, or other taxes (if applicable) are the sole responsibility of the winners.
10. Winners Lists.
The name of the grand prize winner will be posted on the Site after the contest has ended. The term of posting will be at ViscountProductions.com sole discretion.
11. General Conditions:
a) If ViscountProductions.com determines in its sole discretion that there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering or fraud relating to any portion of the Contest, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Contest, ViscountProductions.com reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry and/or voting process, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest, in whole or in part, at any time without notice. ViscountProductions.com and the co-sponsors will not be liable for any failure to screen the Finalists' music if that failure is due to circumstances beyond ViscountProductions.com's control. b) If for any reason ViscountProductions.com uses any portion of the music and/or other material submitted by such Entrant in violation of such Entrant's rights, Entrant agrees that Entrant's remedy shall be limited to an award of money which shall not exceed the fair market value, as of the date of start of the Contest Period, of the right to display similar links in the manner that Entrant's link was displayed during the Contest. In no event shall Entrant be entitled to any other or additional compensation or remedy. Entrant hereby waives any right to seek injunctive or other equitable relief in connection with any claim that ViscountProductions.com, or any of its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents or representatives may have used any portion of such Entrant's Link and/or other materials in violation of Entrant's rights. c) Entrants agree that they will not be compensated for submitting any Link, regardless of whether their Link is selected as one of the finalists or is otherwise used by ViscountProductions.com in any manner. By entering the Contest, each Entrant hereby releases ViscountProductions.com and its respective affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees and assigns, and all of such parties' respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, independent contractors and affiliates from any and all liability whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising out of or in connection with Entrant's participation in the Contest or with the acceptance of any prize (including, but not limited to, claims, costs, injuries and losses related to any Photos, recordings, copyrights, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, portrayal in a false light, personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property).d) You have read and understand this Agreement, and you acknowledge that no oral representations of any kind have been made by ViscountProductions.com and that this Agreement states the entire understanding between you and ViscountProductions.com. Any modification or waiver hereunder must be in writing, affirmed by the party to be bound. The invalidity of any provision hereof will not affect the remaining provisions. e) ViscountProductions.com reserves the right to change these official rules terms and conditions at its sole discretion without notice.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, VISCOUNTPRODUCTIONS.COM WEBSITE, AFFILIATES, AND CO-SPONSOR WEBSITES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, VISCOUNTPRODUCTIONS.COM RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.